Friday 19 July 2013

Birthday week!

So this week was all about Dan and Danica's Birthday - I wont reveal their ages ;)

This meant I decided to decorate the office  - obviously with lots of balloons and a big Birthday banner!

Of course you can't do birthday's by half, well except for the cake. Being the master baker I am I thought I'd be adventurous and bake one for them to share.

After seeing an amazing rainbow cake on a wonderful blog about baking I thought I would attempt to recreate my own version! 



It turned out pretty dam good if I do say so myself! I started with a simple victoria sponge mix (8oz) and added pink, blue and purple gel food colouring blobbing the mixture around the pan to get a sort of marbled effect! 

After this was done, I decided to bake another 8oz vic sponge cake so it would be double in size once iced! (I know how much the Bryce Mennell lot like cake so the bigger the better!)

Sadly though when baking the second cake I had ran out of gel food colouring and had to use normal, so as i found out once the cake was cut the normal food colouring didn't take to the sponge mix very well :(! 



Anyway all in all the cake tasted delish! I iced it with pink and blue buttercream - using 10oz of icing sugar!!! And the cake in total had 6 eggs in and about a million oz's of butter! But hey it tasted good!


So it looks like from now on I'll be official Birthday cake maker and office decorator!

Next up is Christmas - watch this space! Santa's Grotto will be coming to the BM Office!! Ho Ho Ho! 


B x

No comments:

Post a Comment